Sunday, September 19, 2010

The bird's nest - Rease

We had some squirrels dig up all our bulbs in our front flower bed this summer. I'm not too sad about it cause our tulips haven't been doing great for a couple years so we were going to do something about them anyway. Thanks to the squirrels, we don't have to do anything now! Rease thought that the holes they left in the bed were bird's nests. I found her putting some wrappers in one of the holes one day and asked her what she was doing. She said "I'm just helping the birds so they have a soft nest to sleep in."

Yes Rease that fruit snack wrapper does look very soft to sleep on.

And the wipe? That's a blanket for the birds.
She was so concerned that the wrappers and wipes kept disappearing from her "nest." I think the squirrels were carrying them off and she didn't know what to do when she found the nest empty over and over. What a crazy girl!

No comments: