Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Living the day-to-day

Lately our daily routine has been this:
4:45 - Daddy is up and leaves for the gym
6:00 - Rhen wakes up - therefore mommy is up
7:00 - Rease wakes up - breakfast time
7:00-7:30 - Hang out with daddy who just got home from the gym
7:30 - Mommy, Rhen and Rease leave for the mall
8:00-9:00 - Us three girls spend some quality time together walking around the mall
This is not a daily shopping trip (though I wish it was.) This is our semi-exercising time since I am technically not supposed to do any exercising for another 2 weeks. I started to go almost crazy though not being able to do any type of work out, so this is our compromise - we walk for an hour at the mall. You would not believe how many people do it too! Lots of moms with their strollers and lots of cute older couples - we joined the group last week and now we're like family. We see pretty much the same people everyday so we're all friends. If the weather was warm we'd for sure be outside, but it's actually really fun to be at the mall and see all the cute things that I could buy. Luckily we're there early enough that the stores aren't open yet so I'm not tempted to make any major purchases. We're strictly there for the walk and that's it.
Rease takes her bucket of toys and her baby and she is entertained. Rhen sleeps. And I take my ipod.

Today we stopped in the little photo booth and tried to take some pictures. This is the best I could do with the 2 girls. Rease was not very into it and notice she didn't make it through the last picture. She was out of there and down the hall by time the pictures were done. We did our best.

5 comments:

brookiebaby said...

I had no idea that the mall was even open that early!! :) I wanted to workout early too... since I didn't for nearly my entire pregnancy, so five minutes after Coop was born I asked the doctor and ofcourse, the answer was 6 weeks. I complained and then the nurse told me that if you don't allow 6 weeks before an intense workout, your hips won't go back to their size...so everytime I wanted to go to aerobics, Ryan would sweetly chime "big hips" to me...sweet husband! :) Happy walking! I'm going to be up there for Cooper's dr. next week. I'll call you to work something out if you're available! :)
LUVS!

joana said...

oh the life of a mom:) don't forget these times when your kiddos are little...they grow up so fast.

and yes i have those pictures, and a way cute one of rease and your hubby at the funeral. email me so i can get your address, and i'll send them to you

joana said...

my email address might help:)
joanasanders@gmail.com

Jeanie Beutler said...

Thanks sis for keeping the blog up ..I love knowing what you three are doing ..see you sunday!

Brittney said...

So cute. That's so cool you go walk at the mall. It's always nice to have another group to which you feel like you belong. Way to go!