Thursday, April 9, 2009

Celebrate!

Hooray! I'm one month old today!

A few things we've learned about Rhen:

- She does this funny thing with her tongue when she eats. She keeps it at the top of her mouth and tries to suck on the bottle at the same time. Obviously it doesn't work and milk squirts all over her face in the meantime. It sometimes takes her 10 minutes to figure out that she needs to put her tongue down to be able to really eat - and most of the time this is in the middle of the night when we're as tired as she is and get frustrated right along with her. Otherwise she is a great eater.

- She gets the hiccups at least 3 times a day. (I guess I shouldn't be surprised because she had them all the time while I was pregnant with her.)

- Rhen looks so much like Josh to me. She has my chubby cheeks but other than that she is a total Beutler.

- She is very long and skinny - opposite of Rease when she was this age.

- Rhen has a little fiesty side to her. When she wants to cry, she really can. And when she doesn't want me to do something - like give her a bath or change her diaper - she does her best to not let me.

- One of the cutest things about her is explained in this picture. She doesn't relax when she's eating - instead she sticks her legs straight out and keeps them there most of the meal. Not that she's not a cuddler because she is - she just waits until after she eats to snuggle with us.

We love our Rhen. What a fun month we've had with her!

5 comments:

Ashley and Mikkel said...

She is so adorable!! how fun, two girls!

Debbie C said...

Hello Josh & Natalie,
Congratulations on your brand new little girl. They are both adorable, having children is the BEST! Rease and Rhen have 2 wonderful parents. Can't believe my 4th son had a another baby and didn't let me know. I just happen to run across your blog in an email. I loved catching up with all that is going on in your life!
Tell all your famly hello from for me. Brady and Joy will be adding 2grandbabies in October, and with our Sweet Caroline, I will have 3 I think Grandma and Grandpa Buetler are winning the race with grandchildren!! It's good to see you and your family Josh. Love, Debbie

Holly said...

She does look a lot like Josh!

The tense leg picture is funny - I love all the little quirks kids have.

Jason and Rachel said...

Look at those little chicken legs! So cute. Frustrating about the feeding thing, but she'll get better at it. She's a little fiesty eh? Sounds like someone I know! :) She's beautiful. Hope you are doing well.

Ainges said...

I just cant believe how easy this transition has been for you! You are my idol! HA! I am so glad to see that Rhen is still healthy and fun. And I LOVE how you some how managed to get those photo-booth pictures! Oscar has had a rough last week so hopefully we will be ready to go this next week and we can meet you for your morning walk at the mall!