Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Baby Liev Update

So I was sure that yesterday was Baby Liev's day. No such luck - I am still prego and waiting one last week before he comes. Last week at my Dr. appointment, Dr. Smith did an ultrasound to check fluid levels and also measure the size of the baby. It ends up that he was measuringing in at 7.5 lbs and averaging 38 weeks and 4 days big - I was dilated to a 3 and 60% effaced. So in my mind, baby was ready to come. Dr. Smith told me that if next week (which was yesterday) I was a 5 then he would start me since the baby is obviously big enough and would be fine if I was continuing to progress. So Monday I cleaned house all day, got all my baby stuff out and ready and finished up last minute stuff that I wanted to get done before the baby comes. Josh also has a trip to Chicago planned for work later this week and it ended up that his flight earlier in the week got cancelled due to crazy Chicago weather and he wouldn't be able to fly out until Thursday morning. We took this as a sign that Tuesday was our day and we would be able to avoid Josh missing the birth of boy because he was out of town. So I took my packed bag with me, had a babysitter lined up for the girls for the day and headed to the Dr. prepared for him to tell me I was a 5 and lets have a baby. Didn't happen that way. I am only a 3 1/2 and still 60% effaced and he said he would just like me to wait until the 9th (which is next Wednesday and when I am scheduled to be induced.) What a letdown! I was sure I was ready! But baby is doing fine and still growing strong which is what is important. So Josh still goes to Chicago Thursday and will be back Saturday - lets hope that Baby Liev doesn't decide to come during those 3 days. I think we are in the clear since I haven't had any labor signs. Anyway, here we are still pregnant (which is fine) and still preparing for our sweet Baby Liev to join our family!
I decided we needed a belly picture so this is me at 38 weeks.

I am preparing for an 8 or 9 pound baby seeing the size of my stomach and also according to the ultrasound which said that at 37 weeks he was already 7.5 lbs. I'm guessing in 3 weeks he gained at least a pound or two. We'll see. Regardless - we are having a baby in one week!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Totally a let down but at least you are all ready. We are anxious for Liev to come! And you look so good for being 38 weeks. Your hair looks good. I'm trying to grow mine out but I'm hating the awkward length stage. You give me hope, Nat. Yeah for teh Beutler fam!

Jason and Rachel said...

Oh that stinks! It makes it so much longer when you expect to go earlier. I'm sorry you have to wait a week longer, but I'm glad that everything is going well. I can't wait to hear next week how things are going! Good luck with three! :)

Hawk Family said...

Hang in there!! You didn't want the baby on ground hogs day anyway you would have to keep repeating that day over and over again...Good luck we can't wait to see him!!