I love the stay at the hospital after having a baby. The nurses are so great to take care of us and the baby and I am actually able to get some sleep before heading home for many sleepless nights ahead. Here are just a few pictures of our baby boy and the happenings at the hospital.
Just minutes after he was born - all bundled up and sweet.

First bath.
The girls loved seeing him for the first time. Crazy Rhen couldn't keep her hands off him - literally poking him in the eyes, nose, ears, etc. and naming every part of his body (and not doing it softly I might add.) But she sure loves him and couldn't stop giving him kisses.

Rease is a great big sis already. She has been preparing for him to get here for weeks and asking how she can help when the baby comes home. When she saw him and held him for the first time she said, "I'm going to be the best mom aren't I?" She is so sweet.

Sunday night was the Super Bowl and the three of us hung out and watched the game together. Liev of course slept and I couldn't get enough of his snuggling!

The nurses in the nursery crocheted these little hats for all the babies. It was a little big for him, but we thought it was so darling!

We also got our "Special Dinner" on Sunday night while we were watching the game. We got to choose what we wanted to eat from a special menu and they brought it on this nice table with sparkling apple juice and yummy dessert. I had salmon and Josh had steak - and it actually wasn't too bad considering it was hospital food. It was really fun and a nice event for us.

We had lots of visitors but didn't get many pictures of all our loved ones. Grammie and Papa Losee were there though and we snapped a picture of them with their newest grandson.

Josh and his boy. He definitely got most of the lovin time and couldn't get enough of sweet Liev.

This morning as we were getting ready to come home. We got him all changed and into a new outfit before we strapped him in the carseat.

All snuggled in and ready to go out and brave the cold February day.

The last night we were there, the nurse was getting me a Motrin before I went to bed and asked if I would like an Ambian as well so I could sleep better. I always let the baby stay in the nursery anyway and Josh goes home to sleep, so I am alone in the room. I decided to give it a shot and figured I might as well get a good night sleep. So she got me my meds and Josh headed home and Liev went to the nursery around 10:30. The next thing I knew it was 8:00 am and the nurse was back to check on me and see how my night was. I don't remember a night in the past few months that I've slept as good and as long as I did. I was rested and refreshed and am still thanking the nurse for requesting that Ambian for me. It was the best and I will for sure remember to do that next time around.
We had a great hospital stay but as always, I'm glad to get home and get back into real life. Here we go...
5 comments:
He is such a handsome little guy. Congratulations!
(Your labor story made me want to laugh/cry. I am so glad everything worked out, even if it wasn't what you expected.)
Now with the Ambien, Nat-are you sure you really slept through the whole night? Any chocolate wrappers in your bed when you woke up?
btw-Liev is one cute little guy. Loved the crocheted hat!
You did something not everyone can say that they have done, having a baby naturally!! Congratulations!! I can't wait to hold your little man!!!
Just randomly checked your blog today. Congratulations! I am so happy for you both and for your whole family. How wonderful to have another wonderful child added to the family. I hope you are all doing great!
All the best!
Brady Mower
He's so stinkin' cute!! I love his big cheeks! I just want to squeeze 'em. I hope you are surviving and that you get some sleep soon! :) All our love!
Post a Comment