Our brother in law Caleb has started taking piano lessons. Last week he had his first recital and we were lucky enough to be invited to watch.
Before each of the students played their song, they announced their name and what they would be playing. Caleb played "Don't cry for me Argentina" and did a fabulous job. He was one of the only ones that did it without his music.
Over the past few months Rease has been watching Caleb practice at Grammie's house and she has started telling me that she is going to "do her homework." So after he's done practicing, she'll pull out a piano book and "practice" herself for a few minutes. So after Caleb was done with his piece at the recital, Rease jumped off her chair and said "oh it's my turn now." Luckily Caleb was one of the last ones on the program so Rease could have her turn after the recital was over.
She stood there just like everyone else and said "I'm Rease and I'm grateful for all my blessings and I will practice my song now." (Just a little mix up with the prayer but oh well!)
Taking her bow afterward.
Maybe I won't have to fight this girl on piano lessons like my parents had to with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment