Monday, May 10, 2010

Our Girls

Rease is now almost 3. She will tell you "I'm 2 but almost 3 and my birthday is on June 6th." She's right but I can't quite believe that she is so grown up. Weren't we just in the hospital waiting for our first baby to arrive? I thought so. Anyway, here are a few things she's been up to:
We have been working on learning her letters, numbers, shapes and all sorts of things. We got her some flashcards and memory games and "play" them as often as we can. She thinks it's a game so I'll let her think that until she gets tired of "learning."
I just bought Rease some summer clothes and she is wearing size 5t and size 9 shoes. When I was checking out the lady that was helping me asked how old my girl is and I told her 2 - she couldn't believe that a 2 year old was wearing this size of clothes. Yeah - she's big for her age but she can't help it with the dad that she has!
Rease and our little neighbor boy are in a "sports camp" for a few weeks at Dimpledell. I'm not sure how coordinated she is and how well she can perform the sports but she has a fun time with it. She loves doing anything active and loves playing outside. She has started climbing on anything she can get to - rocks, chairs, fences, whatever. She also likes to jump off whatever it is that she has climbed on. Her jump usually ends up being more of a "slide off" but she is trying!
Rease's cutest little best friend Oscar just moved to Chicago (boo hoo) and she still talks about him constantly. Yesterday Josh drove by their old house with the girls and Rease said she wanted to stop at Oscar's house and tell him that she wants him to marry her. Josh called Oscar's mom and Rease left her a message "Heidi, I wanted to tell Oscar that I want him to marry me." Okay then - take matters into your own hands why don't you!
Rease is such a great big sister. She is always playing, kissing, hugging, laughing and whatever else with Rhen. Last week I was driving and she said "mom look I'm holding Rhen's hand." Sure enough she was holding on to Rhen's hand and they were both smiling from ear to ear!
We love our Reaser!
Rhen is now 14 months old and is so fun! I love this age where they are learning and copying and just trying to do as much as possible. I just got out Rease's old summer clothes for Rhen and once again can't believe how big my girls are. Rhen's clothes are 2-3T and is wearing size 4 shoes. Let me tell you about my Rhen:
Rhen is a character these days. She has started a high pitch squealing match between her and Rease. She will scream for no reason at all except just to be heard and then Rease will squeal back at her. Then they start laughing hysterically and start the squealing all over again. It gets pretty annoying I must say, but sometimes there is nothing to do about it especially when we are in the car and I can't reach them to make them stop. The best thing though is that they are the best of friends so I can't get too mad when they are just having a fun time
together.
Rhen is also a little lover girl and will gives kisses to anyone and everyone - including Grammie's dogs. The crazy thing about her kisses is that she is an open-mouth kisser so you get a mouthful of slobber when she comes in for a kiss. She has the same open mouth when she kisses the dogs - we are constantly chasing them away from her as they are licking inside her open mouth. Disgusting!
She still only has 4 teeth - 2 top and 2 bottom. But that does not stop her from eating whatever she wants. She is such a good eater and doesn't seem to mind when I give her healthy vegetables and fruits.
Rhen walks with her left foot pigeon-toed. We asked the doctor about it and he said she is fine and should grow out of it. I hope so. Until then she is really cute when she walks!
I have had to try and teach Rhen that hitting is not nice. She has started swatting us just at random times - not always necessarily when she's mad. So I'll grab her hand and say "No Rhen we don't hit." She gets this saddest look on her face and her eyes start to well up with tears. All of a sudden she is wailing and has her feelings hurt. I can't help but hug and kiss her until she's back to normal. Sweet little thing!
I am a lucky momma to have these girls in my life!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I love that Rease wears a size 5, Stella does too! Everywhere we go people are shocked when i tell them that she is only 2. What cute girls you have!!!

Brittney said...

Love the new camera!!!