Sunday, May 23, 2010

Birthday month

Josh always teases me because I have a birthday month not just a birthday. I have to admit, this year seemed like it! Not that I'm complaining, but we sure did celebrate the big 2-9 this year. Here's a look at the past couple of weeks.
All of us gathered at mom and dad's house for dinner a couple of Sundays ago. All my favorite people were there - Josh's parents, my parents, siblings, Greg, and of course my girls and Josh. My mom let's us choose what we want for the birthday dinner when it's our turn. I decided hamburgers, chips and guacomole and watermelon sounded good - so that's what we did. It was a perfect day for a barbecue and my girls went clothes-less the whole day enjoying the nice weather.
Rhen enjoyed the food and I enjoyed the fact that she didn't get any clothes dirty with her messy watermelon.
Rease isn't too old for no clothes, right? She is still 2 afterall.
Josh made a delicious homemade ice cream cake.
Our little fam.
On my actual birthday day we took the kids to the zoo. I don't know if I've ever been to Hogle Zoo but we thought the kids would love it. So off we went. Our first stop...the elephants.
Rease loved seeing all the elephants and said to me "they are just like the ones on Jungle Book."
Rease has this funny face when we tell her to smile. It's like she's trying to smile and get the picture over with but it looks so fake while she's at it. This is what most of her pictures look like lately.
Waiting to see the llamas do something cool.
Rhen was very patient in her stroller. She has been sick the last couple of days so she was pretty content to just hang out and watch what was going on around her.
I love this face.
Rease loved the giraffes. And I don't blame her, they really are pretty amazing.
Had to get a picture with the tigers.
Rease is in this climbing craze. Gone are the days of being scared - she is now all over and on top of everything she can get to. Just a few pics of her climbing all over everything at the zoo.
We grabbed a quick pic of all of us as we were leaving the park.
That night we went to dinner and a movie with Josh's parents to end the month long celebration. Thanks to Josh for being a good husband and a good sport with all the birthday stuff. We had a great day together!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

So cute!! Happy bday Nat!! Looks like you had a fun bday month!! You deserve it!! xoxo