Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Puerto Rico Citrus Hill Project - Day 9

We’ve gotten into a routine around here. Mornings start out early as josh and Rease and I have been going to the gym at 5:00 and trying to be home by 6:30 to get the day started before it gets too hot. We have Spanish study and scripture study and then sometime during the day the kids work on their school workbooks. (Something I bought so I could have some downtime for a few minutes while they do their “studying”. It works amazing! Ha!) They each do 5 pages and then once they get them passed off they can be done for the day. So cute to see them all studying and reading. 

The roof project is in full swing and they work hard I’m there. There’s lots of tar and debris falling down from there and I can tell the progress is being made! While they worked on the roof we took some time upstairs to take some old shelves off the wall and haul the wood out. We also swept out the standing water and keep hoping that the water from there doesn’t leak into our part of the house down here. So far it hasn’t. The kids worked hard taking out nails and learning how to use a crowbar to remove wood. They also told me that there was a huge “hornet wasp” on the floor in the bathroom and had me come look. I guess they haven’t been exposed to cockroaches enough in their life to know what one is when they see it. They’ll figure it out before the end of the trip I’m sure…

After we worked we all sat around the empty space upstairs and each took a turn talking about their idea of what the space should be like when it’s finished. Liev wants a pool table, Keen described in detail what the kitchen should look like (of course), Rhen wants bright colors on the walls, Rease said we should have hammocks hooks in all the rooms, Beck wants a TV in the kitchen and Desh just said that he’d at least like to have the floor all cleaned up. All good ideas that we will definitely take into consideration. I love this dreaming stage that we’re all in! So fun!

After lunch Josh had some work calls to take care of so the rest of us loaded into the car and took off for Home Depot and Walmart. Let me tell you how we roll here in PR…with two small cars and only me as a  driver when Josh doesn’t come with us, we just slam into one car and double buckle all over then place. It’s amazing. And then when we shop and have stuff to try and fit in as well…now that’s when the fun begins! We bought paint and barstools, squeegees and groceries. And a bunch of other stuff. And managed to fit us and all the rest of our stuff in with us. We deserve a medal. 

Tonight we walked down to the baseball court and played until the sun went down. I wish we could get the lights turned on and play into the night, but no luck. I told Josh that we should clean the court up and invite all the neighbors for a basketball tournament one of these weekends. It would be the funnest! I’d love to see the place cleaned up and used more often! I’ll see what I can do about organizing that…
For now, we’ll use it and enjoy the heck out of it! 
Day 9 over and out…






No comments: