Thursday, June 24, 2021

Puerto Rico Citrus Hill Project - Day 18

Back to pressure washing today. Gosh it’s a lot of work and it sure looks like we still have a long way to go. But actually by the end of the day I realized we’re farther along than I thought. Mostly we just have the kitchen and the hallway left so maybe one more full day and the inside will be all done! 
It definitely takes a team effort to get the job done. The pressure washer spits out so much water that 3 or 4 have to be using the squeegees while another sprays. And it gets MESSY! We rotated washers a lot today cause Papa’s neck gets tired from looking up. Even the kids got in on it today and did awesome. While some are squeegeeing and spraying the others are peeling paint off wherever possible. That’s my least favorite job so I stick to the squeegee. 
Desh snuck a long nap in today. He has an ear infection and hasn’t been feeling well the last couple days. So sleep was in order for him and he seemed to feel a lot better when he woke up. Beck had a paint scraper incident and got a little cut above his eye. Proud of it cause it means he worked hard. 



Keen found an old machete in the shed and decided to try and use it on the weeds outside. That’ll keep him busy for a while. I’ll let him keep at it for now. 
The rest of us tallied our battle wounds tonight after work was done and between sunburns, blisters and sprained ankles, we’re all a bit hobbled. Lots of work going on here and it’s showing. 
I do love looking out from the deck in the evenings at the great view we have. Man we’re lucky to have this place and I remind myself if it everyday. 




No comments: