Friday, May 21, 2021

Turning 40

I tried to turn 40 quietly and without any fanfare.  I thought it was going well until Josh and my kids got involved.  Josh quietly started to spread the work.  My best girl friends took me on a birthday trip to Las Vegas (and we had THE BEST time!).  Then, because of timing and other conflicts, our annual Amazing Race was scheduled on the night of my birthday (no problem).  If only Shelley wouldn't have made me a HUGE banner that said Happy 40th Birthday, I don't think anyone would have known.  Turns out everyone knew and it ended up being a big party (ok fine I'll be 40).  But best of all, my cute Rease made me a 40th birthday cake all on her own.  She's so thoughtful and wonderful.  Turns out I couldn't turn 40 quietly.  So now I just embrace it.  I love these wonderful people who made my birthday and LOUD success.  

 

No comments: