Saturday, May 29, 2021

Stress Fracture

So this happened...
I've been training for a marathon for what seems like 2 years now.  Since races have been cancelled so much lately (covid) I've basically just continued training until I found one that is actually going to be officially run.  I'm signed up for Utah Valley on June 5th.  Turns out my body said no to that request.  I found out today that I have a stress fracture on the inside of my left shin.  It's been hurting for the past few months and REALLY hurting for about 3 weeks now.  Especially when I put in a lot of miles or play basketball for a long time.  Anyway I finally got it checked and sure enough...Doc says no running for 6 weeks while it heals and that I have to wear this silly boot.  I think those are real tears in my eyes as I am realizing that I'm not going to be running the marathon I've trained for forever!

 

No comments: