Desh turned 5 today and I can't even believe it! He asked for a monster truck cake and when I reminded him that we did that cake last year, he insisted this year will be different because he wants a white on this time. So a white monster cake was on the menu for the party tonight! We had german pancakes on the "You are Special" plate for breakfast and a family party with cake and ice cream tonight. We couldn't get enough celebrating for this 5 year old caboose of ours!
5 year old stats from Dr. Erikson:
Height: 3'11" - 98%
Weight: 49 lbs 3 oz - 90%
My favorite things about 5 year old Desh:
1) Desh is my baby boy and though he's not a baby anymore, he is my buddy during the day. The other kids are off to school and we get to hang out together. He tags along for grocery shopping, basketball days, doctor appointments or whatever it is that's going on during they day. He is my right hand guy and sometimes I don't know what I'd do without him right by my side!
2) Desh has a "cheery disposition" like I've never seen in anyone else! He is happy, joyful, excited and all the things that come with being cheery. He's the first to complement anyone on something he likes about them. He gets excited about anything that sounds fun or out of the ordinary. He loves to play and laugh and have fun. All things that make you just want to be around him because he's so happy!
3) Desh is the youngest of 4 brothers and he just wants to be like them. Anything the other boys are doing, he is game to try and do as well. He doesn't get nervous or scared about trying new things. He just wants to be a part of the group. I love this adventurous side of him!
Happy Birthday Big D!

No comments:
Post a Comment