Keen turned 5! He requested a turtle cake so that's what he got! We had a small gathering of family and friends for cake and ice cream. Keen's birthday is always one of the last things we do to celebrate summer. Soon enough school will start and we will have to get back on a schedule. For now though, the days are still long and the kids can play into the night!
Some of my favorite things about Keen at age 5:
1) Keen has a smile that can melt any heart. He has some striking features about him that I'm afraid are going to give me grief when he becomes a teenager. For now I can enjoy his big eyes, chubby cheeks, big smile and curly hair without having to worry!
2) Keen is a very sweet soul. I admit that he is a bit whiny sometimes when he's at home, but he is as sweet as can be to everyone else and I think that is his natural self. All his teacher's love him and grandmas and grandpas think he is the best. I agree with them! He is the best (mostly always!)
3) Keen is a snacker. He loves chips, cookies, crackers, fruit snacks, candy, suckers, goldfish, go-gurts, or any other portable snack. I don't know if it's because he can eat on the run or what, but he is a sneaky snacker and I often find him shut in the pantry sneaking something to eat. Love this big boy of mine!
5 year old stats from Dr. Erickson:
Height: 3'11" - 99%
Weight: 50 lbs. 15 oz. - 94%
Happy Birthday Keen Gregory!

No comments:
Post a Comment