Saturday, August 5, 2017

Beutler Reunion Downata Hot Springs

 We had our Beutler family reunion at Downata Hot Springs this year.  It's always a fun place for a big group.  We all camped in tents or trailers and had a great time together.  Everyone came to town for the reunion and planned on staying for Andy's wedding the next week so it worked out perfect to have everyone there.  
One of the activities was making marshmallow blow guns with pvc pipe.  The kids love being able to make them into any shape they wanted.  And of course there were marshmallows all over camp for the next couple of days!
 We had a lot of time to relax and do whatever we wanted so Keen and I took the opportunity to take a nap in the hammocks.  It was such perfect weather and the kids were entertained with the cousins so I loved the down time to just chill.

We played cards, laughed, ate good food and got really dirty.  Just what a camping trip should be like!

I was in charge of one of the activities at the reunion so I decided to do spotlights on each of the kids.  So each morning at breakfast and each night at dinner I'd spotlight 3 or 4 kids.  I had talked to all of the mom's beforehand and come up with a few things for each of them and also made a little certificate and gave them a box of candy.  I have to say it was a hit!  The kids really looked forward to being spotlighted - even the teenagers!  They loved hearing what things I had found out about them and getting embarrassed by the funny stories.  These are the awards my kids got.  I think this might be something we will carry on at each reunion!



No comments: