Friday, August 17, 2012

More hospital pictures

Official hospital stats at birth. The rest of our hospital stay was fabulous. We love Alta View Hospital and all the nurses there. They take very good care of us and most of all, Mama gets some rest while the rest of the kids are at home and the baby is in the nursery! Anyway, here is the story of the rest of our stay.


I got to feed Baby Keen just after he was born. (I don't nurse so the bottle came and he gobbled it up right away. Hungry little thing.)

Julie our nurse gave Josh the privilage of giving the first bath while she took pictures. Look how sweet this is! Afterward he was very content and had a good sleep.
Then we had lots of visitors. Grammie Beutler was there when Keen was born so she was one of the first ones to get a turn. I think he is grandchild #23 for her - crazy!
Papa Losee came to visit after he was relieved of kid duty at our house. He was a big help that day watching the older kids and looks like a proud Papa holding his newest grandson - #9 for Papa and Grammie Losee!
Uncle Caleb and Aunt Hayley came for a visit. Keen and Caleb share a birthday so he brought a Happy Birthday balloon with him.
Uncle Greg stopped by too - Keen Gregory was named after this special guy. Our very good friend/neighbor and an uncle to our kids. I love that Keen is looking right at him - sweet!
Brady took his lunch break and stopped to say hello to the newest little guy.
Then the real fun started. The rest of our crazy gang came to welcome their new little brother to the family. These 2 sisters are so proud!
All the kids gathered around to see the newest brother.
Rease drew me a picture of how I look after having the baby. I'm glad to see that I dropped the weight so quickly!







The kids couldn't get enough of Baby Keen (Liev was slightly more interested in his graham cracker. But I think he'll eventually come around.)


Dr. Smith stopped in while the kids were there and we had to get a quick picture of him with all of our crazies (he has been our doctor for all 4!)

Keen was exhausted after all the visitors were gone - I don't blame him. Being the center of attention is tough!

More quality time with dad.

Tuesday night we had our "special dinner" brought to our room. I had salmon and Josh had steak. It was actually pretty tasty considering it was hospital food.

Wednesday morning we packed up to head home to real life. Keen looks so teensy in this carseat, but oh man is he cute!

Welcome home Baby Keen!

No comments: