Happy Halloween! Our kids were so excited for Halloween this year and were mostly excited to be able to dress up. We went to a chili cook-off at my parents ward a couple nights before Halloween so the kids got to dress up twice - and they were happy to do it!

This year Rease chose to be Ariel. I found the costume but had a hard time trying to decide what to do with her hair. She kept reminding me, "mom I have to have red hair or no one will think I'm Ariel. They'll think I'm just Rease." So I thought about red hair spray but decided that an actual Ariel wig would be the easiest and less messy way to go. So this is how she ended up. Ariel right?

Rhen was a cupcake princess. So darling.

Baby Liev was the one eyed monster. He never did get used to wearing this and found that he couldn't crawl with it on so it just cramped his style all night.

Since Halloween fell on a weekday, we were lucky enough to be able to dress up for work. Everyone looks so great I think!

Halloween night mom and dad had a party for all spooks. Moms only requirement was that everyone had to wear a costume. Here are the costumes of the night:

Then it was off to trick-or-treat. Rease and Rhen couldn't get enough of it and were so excited to find out that everyone was passing out candy - for free!

There is a house in mom and dad's neighborhood that was decorated to cute. We got this picture on one of the benches by it. Right after this picture was taken, Rhen got lost for a few minutes. There were so many people and kids around that I lost track of her and then panicked when I realized she was gone. Luckily someone had picked her up and they were looking for me together. It's my worst nightmare as a mom to lose one of my kids and it scared me. Anyway, she is safe and sound, but I kept a close eye on her the rest of the night.

Rhen fell in love with these little ghost lights in front of one of the houses.
I can't get over this electric red hair!
Overall it was a great night for costumes, trick-or-treating and hanging out with friends and family!
1 comment:
Absolutely adorable. Love Rease's Ariel hair. Her logic is the best. Rhen's cupcake costume is my fave. Though yours is a close second, Nat. The only costume we couldn't figure out was Mom's. Is she in mourning? Over not living at the cabin anymore? Or that we aren't there with you all?
Looks like one great Halloween!
Post a Comment