Rease is a little bit of a scaredy-cat. Especially to any type of noise; thunder, loud movies, crackling of a campfire, loud cheering at a game, etc. So as she got closer to turning 3 I knew we somehow needed to get her to the dental office to get her teeth cleaned, but didn't know how to make her not scared of the noises. She has been to the office so many times that you would think she wouldn't be scared, but when it came time to actually having her own teeth worked on she would get freaked out. So a few weeks before her birthday I started talking to her about getting her teeth cleaned and how fun it is and how we will count her teeth, but then told her "but we can't do that until after you turn 3. You won't be big enough until you're 3." So all of a sudden she knew that she would be big enough and brave enough when she was 3 - it was like the magic age. So after that she was very excited about getting her teeth cleaned and didn't seem to mind the noises that comes along with it.
Right after her birthday Josh brought her in on a day that I was at the office. She was so excited and kept saying "I'm here to get my teeth cleaned!"
No comments:
Post a Comment