We took the girls to the cemetary on Memorial Day to visit Sarah's grave. We try and go every year and this year Rease wanted to take her own flowers. So she picked all the beautiful dandelions from the cabin and took the whole bunch to put on the grave - it was very sweet.
We also took the time to talk to Rease about Sarah and how special she is to mommy - and also how special Rease is to be named after her. It's not real common knowledge but Rease is actually Sarah Rease and we named her after my sister that died at birth. I have always wanted to use Sarah as a name for one of my kids and when Rease was born we both felt like it just fit to use it with her. So she is my sweet special Sarah Rease and I am glad that I can remember my sister when I see my Reaser.
2 comments:
Wow- I knew her name was Sarah but I had no idea of the signifigance. What a sweet and special honor that is for Rease.
That is so special. I had no idea she was named after your sister. That is so sweet.
Post a Comment