Monday, June 14, 2010

San Diego 2010

We took our annual trip to San Diego for the Mud Run last weekend. This year we left the kids home with Grammie and Papa (thank you so much!) and just Josh, Greg and I enjoyed a great relaxing weekend. We didn't do much besides eat, sleep, read and lay by the pool - sounds like a perfect vacation right?
One of the main things we did was eat lots of really good food. We got a recommendation for a place called the Hash House and we were not disappointed!
Look at this plate of food! Yes that is for one person! It was the most delicious breakfast food I have ever had. Josh and I shared the egg's benedict and Greg tried the pancake. Fabulous!
Then the main event of the trip - Mud Run 2010. Greg didn't run this year so he was our official camera guy.
Of course we had our kilts on...
Right at the beginning of the course they hose all of us down with fire hoses.
Josh crawling through the mud pits.
I think I was supposed to be on my stomach but I cheated and did hands and knees instead.
Some of our group after we finished.
Josh trained really hard this year and had a goal to finish under 1 hour. He ended up finishing at 1:05 (which is amazing!) and I finished in 1:18. We felt good about our run.
Whenever we are in San Diego we eat at our favorite fish place called Fish House Vera Cruz. They have the most amazing sea food and we always like trying something new.

Before we left we walked along the beach and shopped, ate and rode the roller-coaster!
Greg wanted to eat this whole ice cream cone!
Love the beach!
We had a great and very relaxing trip this year. Thanks to Grammie and Papa for helping us out with that! And thanks to Greg for a good time and great laughs!

1 comment:

lesley said...

I've totally been to the Hash House. And it IS amazing. Looks like the mud run is fun. You two are awesome. We miss you guys.