Monday, July 13, 2009

Potty Training

So I have finally gotten onboard with the potty training business. I took Rease to buy some new panties and she started wearing them right away. She is really great about going on her toilet as long as I remind her that it's time to go - she hasn't quite figured out that she needs to tell me if she needs to go. So we usually have about one accident a day - which I figure is pretty normal. I asked her to show me her panties so I could get a picture and this is what I got from her...
I love those cheeks hanging out!
So yesterday was a Sunday of more than one accident. We got to church and I took her out about halfway through sacrament meeting to take her pottie. She went like a good girl and went back in and sat down with Josh and Rhen. A few minutes later I had to take Rhen out cause she was crying. As I was standing in the hall, here comes Josh and Rease. Josh had a look on his face like "you will not believe what happened." I said to him "did she pee?" He said "not pee." Poop! In her panties! In church! And we sit in the second row from the front! Oh man - what a day. So I took her in the bathroom and changed her (luckily I had an extra pair of panties and an extra skirt just in case.) I immediately threw her panties in the garbage and she cried - "wash panties, wash panties." Not this time Rease.
Later we went to our friend's, the Winns, house for dinner and she was standing on the chair next to me while I was eating. All of a sudden she looks over at me and said "mommy peed." I look down and there is a tiny puddle underneath her. Rease! So I took her down from the chair and was taking her panties and skirt off again to change her when out from her panties comes a little terd and plops onto their wood floor. What? Poop in her panties again! So for the second time that day her panties went in the garbage and she cried "wash panties." I took extra care to clean their chair and floor where Rease had soiled and apologized up and down. Of course they were so nice about it and said they didn't mind. Yeah. Anyway...
Does this potty training get easier? I'm ready for an accident free day!

4 comments:

Sid said...

I feel for you both. Pottie training had to be my least favortie because we had the same problem with our kids. It will get better! It will just click with her and she will get it! I tried calling you guys twice and no one answered yesterday. Are you screening your calls? :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I only have one left to potty train! Those mystery terds can be a beast!!

Your trip looks like so much fun you guys!! But I can't believe those blisters!! Crazy!!

Chad said...

This is hilarious!

Dixie said...

I was laughing out loud in the library, this was so funny!