Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The Boys' Room

I can't seem to keep my boys under control a lot of the time.  They are busy every second of the day and lot of that time is spent in some sort of destruction.  Lately the target of destruction has been their room.  I already have limited their room to very few things for this exact reason.  They have their beds and a set of drawers in their closet to hold their clothes.  That's it.  Nothing else in there because I know they would tear anything else apart.  So what do they do?  Work with the few things they have and go to work.  This particular day they took their top mattress off and had a jumping party.  I was too tired to try and get them back on the box springs so needless to say their beds stayed this way for almost a week.
 The other thing they have discovered lately is tape.  My kids all love to color and draw pictures which is great.  But the boys recently found out that with tape they can hang up almost anything they want.  So they get ahold of the rolls of tape that float around this house and hang up everything imaginable.  Mostly it's pictures, but sometimes there's a book taped to the wall.  Other times their stuffed animals are hanging up.  Another time they taped up all their hangers from the closet.  Whatever they feel they want on their walls - tape is the answer.  I've decided that for now this is ok with me.  Walls can always be washed and painted if needed and this activity has seemed to grab their attention for hours on end.  So what we have is a well decorated room with colorful pictures and all sorts of things!
You may notice there is a smearing of something on the walls as well.  Before they figured out how to use the tape they had an alternative method to hanging things up.  Liev got a pack of glow in the dark stars for his birthday and immediately the tacky stuff to hang up the stars was lost.  One morning he came down and said "Mom guess what?  Toothpaste makes those stars stick to my wall!"  So that's what that is.  Toothpaste smeared all over the wall to hang up his stars.  Lovely.  The stars have all fallen off but I haven't had the energy to clean off the toothpaste yet.  So it just adds to the decor.  Only a boys room.
Then one night they got ahold of some sharpies and went to town on their room.  I didn't know anything was going on up there since they were supposed to be sleeping.  I discovered their artwork the next morning.  All I can do now is just laugh and try to keep my cool about it.  At this point, their room is trashed so what's one more thing.  They're boys.  

How can I resist these two cute faces?  Okay boys - do whatever you want.  

No comments: