Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Rhen's 7th Birthday!

Our Rhenner girl turned 7 this year!  She has LOVED skiing this winter and told me that she wanted a skiing cake.  I wasn't sure how to do it and make it look good so I started looking around at some ideas.  I decided it would be fun to make a ski slope cake and ordered a few little props online.  I was excited to try something new!  The day I was ready to make the cake, the boys decided they wanted to help.  So they helped me mix up the frosting and bake the cakes.
 Then I worked on shaping the cakes and decorating it with the ideas that I had in mind.  This is how the cake ended up looking.  Rhen was so excited to see it and I had made some little signs with some of her favorite ski runs at Brighton and she loved it!  

 We took the cake over to Grammie and Papa's house to celebrate with Aunt Hayley since their birthdays are just a day apart.  Here are the two birthday girls!

 Opening presents for young kids is always the best part of a birthday.  Rhen got a few little things from her brothers and sisters and mom and dad.
 And a new bike!  She has been riding a small little bike for the past couple years and was so happy to get a new and bigger bike!  We love this birthday girl!
A few of my favorite things about our 7 year old Rhen:
1) Rhen loves school.  She has had such a fun 1st grade year and has loved learning to read, do math and all the many things that her little brain is soaking in.  She is such a smart girl and works so hard at what she does.  
2) Rhen is the silliest and funniest girl I know!  She is always messing around with Rease and making everyone laugh.  And she is so funny with the things that she says.  She is very matter of fact when she talks and says things the way they are.  That's not a bad characteristic to have!  One of my favorite things she has said lately: I was telling Rhen that I needed to take Rease to the store to buy some training bras and asked her if she wanted to come with us.  She said she would think about it and Rease told her she would explain what that means.  Later that day after Rease had explained what it was that we were doing and going shopping for, Rhen was talking to Josh.  He asked if she was going to go shop with us and she said, "no way!  I am not going shopping for bras with Rease!  I can not believe that my sister has The Puberty!"  She is hilarious!
3) She is the best helper around the house.  She loves to do little surprised for everyone and it usually has to do with cleaning up.  She'll clean the boys room for them and make their beds.  Or she'll help Josh clean up the kitchen and do the dishes while I'm gone.  Or she'll draw pictures for everyone and leave them on their pillows.  She is so thoughtful and kind and loving.  I love her so much for the person she is!  
Happy Birthday sweet Rhen!

7 year old stats from Dr. Erickson:
Height: 52.17 inches - 97%
Weight: 54.9 lbs - 70%

No comments: