Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Water in the basement

Canyon and Liev has this crazy ability to get into mischief, very quietly, when they are together.  This particular afternoon I was getting ready to leave for Bunco, Josh was almost home from work and I was quickly trying to get dinner on the table before I left.  I let the kids go downstairs and play and they were being good while I got a few things done.  I should have figured out that it was too quiet for playtime and that something was not right.  But it took Rhen coming upstairs and saying "Mom you should see how much water is in the basement" for me to think about it and realize that I was too late to avoid the disaster that Liev and Canyon were working on. 
They had gone outside the basement door, turned on the hose, dragged the hose inside and proceeded to make a swimming pool/splash pad in the basement.  Yikes!

I was of course flustered and angry because it was just the wrong time to have to deal with something like this.  Yelling and spanking happened which then turned into wailing from the kids (which also wasn't what I wanted to deal with at the moment.)  Soon after though, I realized that this is probably not the worst thing that's going to happen and at least the basement is just cement for now.  Within a day or two it all dried out.  But don't think I didn't start locking and deadbolting the door after that.  This disaster is being avoided next time!

No comments: