This year we did the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay. Josh and the team did it last year, but since I was prego with Baby Liev I missed out. I was so excited to be able to be a part of it this year! Dad sponsored our team again this year so we were officially team "Thanksgiving Point Dental."
Our start time Friday morning was an early 5:30 am. We had to be to the starting line at 4:30 to get all oriented, so we were so happy that Kilee's sister offered to let us stay at her house in Logan Thursday night! It worked out so nice and we were glad we didn't have to get up even earlier to drive up. We carbo loaded at Firehouse Pizza and Pasta when we got to town - delicious!

Then it was van-decorating time.

Sam, Kilee and I helped but really it was Kilee's brother in law with the art skills and made our van look great!



The boys loaded the suburban while we decorated.

Friday morning we were up bright and early. It was chilly! Runners in our van: Dad, Sam, Caleb, Kilee, Josh and I.
We had our reflective vests on and since dad was the first runner he also had his headlamp and taillamp on. This is right at the starting line - the sun is trying to come up!

For some reason, dad was a little unorganized and they were calling last call for him to start and he wasn't quite ready. We all pitched in and pinned his number on and helped him get organized for his first run.

Quick stretch before the run.

Ready to roll!

I had to snap a picture of the "Honey Bucket." We spent some time in line for these little babies.

Dad was our first runner and did awesome.

Sam was next. She was a trooper and just kept going and going and never looked like she was tired.

Caleb had some of the prettiest scenery to run in. This place was awesome just outside of Logan.

Oops. One of the vans hit a water line in front of one of the houses. It was crazy how much water was coming out!

The girls waiting to give Caleb some water.

Kilee stretching out before her run.

The squirt bottle was the best thing ever. Even though it was cold in the morning, the day heated up and we were happy for the spray bottle!

Yes, this is me and yes I was exhausted as I look in this picture! My first run was the uphill part of Avon Pass. It was hot, dirty and almost 8 miles long and I was so happy to see that run end!

Josh did great on all his runs - he ran right after me so I was always happy to cheer him on!

Spray bottle saving the day again!

Josh ran the downhill portion of the Avon Pass - hard on the knees and a long run.

We met up with our other van at Snow Basin and snapped a picture with them. Van 2: Trevor, Jake, Angela, Tyler, Travis and Justin. They are Josh's buddies from work and they all had a great time running with us!

Grabbing some zzz's while we can.
Same time and place next year?
2 comments:
Natalie.... if you need bodies next year, we would BOTH love to run it!! Looks like so much fun!
Good Work you guys!! You are amazing!!
Post a Comment