Saturday, February 6, 2010

Our life

I feel like I have been out of the blogging world lately and wanted to have a catch-up day. Life in our house has been busy and crazy. Josh is in his last few months of school and is working so hard at getting through these last 3 classes. He is still home with the girls during the day and is also on the job hunt. I know he gets overwhelmed with all he has going on, but boy do we love and appreciate all he does for us. I am still working and am so grateful to be able to work as much as I do. I was filling in for a girl on maternity leave at an office in American Fork in December and January. The office was great and I was glad to have a steady office to be at for a couple of months. I am back to temping almost every day which is good and bad. Good because the temp agency keeps me busy almost everyday but bad because it's like my first day on the job everyday that I go to a new office. All in all, we are so glad to have the work we have. I work at my dads office one day a week too which is a nice break from the crazy other days that I sometimes have.
This past week has been a hard one for us. At 13 weeks pregnant I found out that our baby had stopped developing at 8 1/2 weeks and had no heartbeat. We opted for the d&c and I went in Monday morning for surgery. Everything went good and luckily I have felt great physically since then. Emotionally though this has been hard on me - I can imagine it's hard for anyone who has a miscarriage. I have felt a lot of strength from my good husband and my sweet girls and I am coming around. I've found since this happened is that all I want to do is spend time with my family and cherish the moments that we have together as the girls grow up. We have great people around us and have had a lot of love and support come our way this week. This is hard for me even as I write but couldn't pass up the chance to say thank you and we love you to the amazing people in our life.
Rease is 2 1/2, talkative, loving and very sweet. She has recently started saying to Josh "Daddy you are a great dad." She is also a very sweet older sister to Rhen. She loves kissing her, holding her hand and just playing with her all day long. She's not perfect though and spends her fair share of time in "timeout." She thinks she's very grown up and tells me "I can do it myself." Her favorite movie right now is "Monsters Inc" but that could change at any moment. She wears size 4T clothes and size 8 shoes. My favorite features on her - her 2 front teeth are a little longer than the others and we lovingly call them her "buckers." She also has a mole just off her nose by her right eye that I think is darling. Josh loves tucking Rease into her bed and has taught her to love a few of the blankets we have. 1st blanket - her turquoise one that she has had since she was little and has slept with for a year straight. This is the "soft blanket." 2nd blanket - a huge king size cream blanket that I love cuddling up with is the "super soft blanket." I think her turquoise one was in the wash when Josh introduced this blanket to her and since then has asked to sleep with the "super soft blanket." 3rd blanket - our newest favorite brown blanket we just got for Christmas is the "super duper soft blanket." If I were to describe this blanket those are exactly the words I would use. It is super duper soft and I love it. Rease shortens the name and just calls it the "duper soft blanket." You would think she would get confused but she knows exactly which one is which and asks for each of them by name. Most nights she sleeps with the "super soft blanket" and when she goes the Grammies she takes the "soft blanket." The "duper soft blanket" is used mainly when she watches a movie on the couch downstairs. We love this girl!
Rhen is a love. She loves to smile, laugh, mimic and get into everything. There aren't many moments that make her cry - when he bottle is gone and she's still hungry or if she's really tired she will start to whimper. She has blonde whispy hair that looked like it would be stick straight but has recently started curling on the end. She still has only 2 bottom teeth but that doesn't slow her down from eating anything she wants. I started giving her chocolate milk and teaching her how to drink from a sippy cup - the chocolate milk seems to help teach her since she'll do anything she can to get it out of there. She will be 1 in a month and is wearing 18-24 month clothes. Rhen is so tall and skinny (and even more skinny now since she was sick for a week and lost some weight.) She has the biggest bluest eyes. She has started saying a few words and my favorite is when she sees me and says "mama" or sees Josh and says "dada." Crazy how she knows the difference. The one word I would use to describe Rhen is "Smiley."
I love our girls and I love my sweet husband. Life is good to us and we are happy being together.

11 comments:

Brittany said...

Nat, I am so sorry for your loss! I know that having a miscarriage is one of my biggest fears. I have been worried about you and thinking of you since you removed your prior post. I am glad that the d&c went well and that you are feeling ok. I can't believe rhen is already starting to walk! Libby has been crawling for over a month and wants to walk so bad... Lol. The girls are as cute as ever and let me know if you guys ever need anything.

Losee's said...

I'm sorry for your loss! I hope you are feeling better. I loved your post. You have such cute girls!

brookiebaby said...

Love you, Natty! I wanna give you a huge hug! (you and your girls! They are soooo super cute!) Lets get a play date sometime soon!!!

Mindy said...

Oh Nat, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Wish I could give you a big hug! Miss you sweetie! Lots of love to you and your family!! xoxo

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

You have so much on your plate, girl and are an amazing mom! Sorry you have to deal with the "m" word...I would hope no one would ever have to go through it...esp that far along...so sorry! Take Care! ;)

Dixie said...

Nat, My heart is breaking as I read your post. I'm so sorry. I wish there was something I could do. Isn't it great to have the gospel? I love the knowledge we have. Please know we love you guys and are so excited to see you in a couple weeks.

Wildings said...

Hey Nat, it's Stacey. So sorry to hear about your miscarriage! Sometimes lifes challenges and trials seem too much to bear, but it's nice to know we have a way to get through it! So glad we were able to get back in touch! Let me know when your life slows down a bit, and hopefully we can get together and let our girls play. They are adorable by the way!

Caleb and Hayley Jean said...

hey nat we love you

Anonymous said...

Nat I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you are feeling well. I'll be praying for you. Your girls are absolutely beautiful and getting so big!

Kris said...

Hi Natalie! Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. It's been a while since I checked your blog and I can't believe how much your family has grown. Rease is getting so big and Rhen is so super cute.
I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. This is exactly what happened to Miles and me on our first pregnancy last summer. We thought we were 12 weeks along and went in for an ultrasound and saw that the embryo had died at 6 weeks. I was heartbroken and felt like a cruel joke had been played on me. I had to get a d&c as well.

Kris said...

Oh, I also wanted to ask you something. Miles and I are thinking about selling our townhouse this summer there in Chandler Pointe. Do you have any idea what the three bedroom ones are selling for? We have the same style as you guys. Are there many for sale right now in Chandler Pointe? My email is: kristyjackson@gmail.com but don't worry if you don't really know. I just thought I would ask.
Also, we just barely got a new tenant, so if you happen to meet her, please don't mention this to her! :)

Take care friend.

xxx