Thursday, September 24, 2009

Trying new things

I remember this being a happy day with Rease and now we have arrived with Rhen: holding her own bottle. (Not that I don't love cuddling and holding her while she's eating, but now at least I have the option.) Sometimes it is so nice to just hand her the bottle and let her go to town on it. What a great thing to learn! Way to go Rhen!

She is also very easily distracted with almost anything, especially the camera and its flash.

She is also starting to sit up on her own. I don't remember at what age they should be doing this, but I feel like it has been a long time coming with her. For some reason she isn't much of a sitter - even when she's on our lap she would prefer to stand up. So I haven't pushed the sitting much until lately. She is actually getting pretty good at it when she wants to. Sometimes though she doesn't really try and just flops onto her back.

I remember Rease being at this stage for a long time. She didn't crawl or walk until almost 12 months so this sitting thing was awesome for me - I could leave her with toys around her and know she'd be in the same place when I got back. Rhen I'm afraid will be a different story. She is already trying to be much more mobile. She can almost get onto her hands and knees and she is a master roller and can get anywhere she wants that way. It's amazing how much different my two girls are. That's how is should be I guess!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh they grow up way too fast! She is a doll. Crazy how the time flies!!! My kids were both mobile way too early, so with this one I'm going to try and glue her bum to the floor :) Like you said, it's so nice to put them down and know they'll be there when you get back.

Dixie said...

thanks for all the updates! I will have to do that one of these days. Wish you could come out for Christmas, but realize you have that other family too. lol!

Mindy said...

Oh my heavens! She is growing up so fast!! I hope to meet her soon!! She is such a beautiful little girl!! xoxo