Friday June 5th we headed to San Diego to run the Mud Run at Camp Pendleton for the second time. It always happens to fall on the weekend of Rease's birthday so we take the time to celebrate with her!
Rease took a flight with Grandpa and Grandma a few hours before us and went to Sea World. She's all ready for her trip - excited to be able to go with Grandpa and Grandma and not mom and dad.

We met them at Sea World when we got there and had such a fun day! Rease loved it and has been talking about Shamu since then. Grandma bought her a little Shamu toy and she takes it with her everywhere - including the shower where Shamu can "swim" while she's showering.
This year for the run Josh talked me and dad into doing it with him - which didn't take a lot of convincing since I watched last year and saw how fun it looked. We of course had to join the group and buy our kilts - notice that mine is way short. I felt like I had a mini skirt on compared to the boys.

So last year it was just Greg, his brother Myrick and Josh that ran - this year they recruited a whole group to run with them.
Myrick brought a waterproof camera with him this time and took some shots along the route.
There are a bunch of obstacles along the way - walls to climb over...
ropes to climb under and these were some tubes we had to crawl through.

There's one point in the race that you have to cross a big lake. The water came past my shoulders so we were basically swimming across.
Post-race. We are feeling good and dirty. There were a bunch of showers to rinse off with but that's all it really ends up being because the water was freezing! I didn't last too long in the showers so we went back to the hotel pretty dirty still.
Dad did great and loved the race. Good times.

The next day we went to a Padres game with Greg and Myrick. The game was really fun and the field was awesome. It was open in the back so you could see right into the city. We ended up staying until the top of the 9th inning and left to avoid traffic. When we left the Padres were down 6-1 so we figured it was over anyway. Later that night we found out that they actually tied the game in the 9th inning and ended up going 9 more innings before the game ended. What the heck! We missed an exciting end to the game I guess.


One night we went to the beach and had a fire. There were tons of people doing the same thing - it was really fun and I had no idea that was something you could even do.
Rease found some ashes on the ground and rubbed them all over her face. She loved playing in the giant "sandbox" at the beach.

Rhen just enjoying whatever is going on at the moment.

We ended our trip with some good pooltime. Rease is crazy in the water - she has no fear. One morning she woke up really early so I took her out by the pool so Josh and Rhen could sleep a little bit more. I took her pajamas off her and let her put her feet in the hottub. Before I knew it she had jumped in face first! I jumped in after her (clothes still on) to grab her. After she caught her breath she looked at me and said "I jumped." Yah. She doesn't get scared of the water which actually scares me. I guess we're doing swimming lessons this summer.

On the plane ride home Rease had her own seat. Since she turned two while we were gone we had to buy here a one way ticket home. We were on a tiny plane so there were just two seats on each side. Josh and Rease sat in one row and Rhen and I sat right behind them. This picture makes it look like they were angels on the plane but in reality they were little devils - both of them. Rease started crying because they made her strap into her own seat and she really wanted to sit on Josh's lap. Then Rhen started crying because she couldn't sleep and really wanted to. It ended up that halfway through Josh and I switched seats so we could switch which kid we were taking care of. We were exhausted by the time we landed.
Besides the plane ride home, we had a fabulous trip! We love our girls but decided that next trip we take is on our own. Havasupai here we come!
8 comments:
I am so impressed that YOU did the Mud Run with Josh! YOu are amazing!! It really does look pretty fun though! How fun to take Rease to Sea World for her birthday!
I love that picture with the ball field behind you! Looks like it was so fun. If you are looking for more in your group I want to join you next year!
Very cool that you did the mud run with the boys - especially since you just had a baby! I'm almost 5 months post-baby, and I could NEVER run! When are you going to HAvasupi? Have fun! :)
Awesome pics of the San Diego Mud Run trip.
Looks like so much fun. They showed the mud run on the news but I didn't see you guys. San Diego is the best!
Oh yeah I forgot to say that Josh your guns look huge and Nat your stomach looks so skinny!!
I personally love the shot of Rease's cleavage in the pool shot. She must take after her mama! Love you guys. Forward the pic's that you talked about Josh!
Wow, what a cool race! I felt jealous looking at the bonfire on the beach. I grew up in so-cal and spent pratically every Friday night doing that. BTW I love your cute tops in your pics, where did you find them?
Post a Comment