Monday, December 8, 2008

Candy Making Day

We had our annual chocolate making day after Thanksgiving. We are getting down to only a few of us now that Chad and Britt and Garrett are gone. Plus somehow during the day dad and Justin find their way to the couches to watch football and sleep rather than help us much. Anyway, we had a great time of course and made lots of candy - the menu this year: peanut butter cups, peanut clusters, caramels, turtles, pretzels, toffee and cookies.
Josh invited one of his young men to come spend the day with us - he was a big help and mastered the art of twirling the caramel around the pretzels.
Hayley was our expert white chocolate drizzler...
and a day isn't a day without some sort of stunt from Josh. This is his "I am so distinguished with my chocolate mustache and beard" look.

This is part of the final product - we have a great time every year! Thanks everyone for enjoying the day with us!

9 comments:

Leslie said...

We were trying to decide if you made that candy or bought it!! It was so good we though you for sure bought it!! Way to go Beutlers! Thanks for the treats!! Stella ate all the chocolate and carmel off a pretzel and then retured the pretzel for another one! Little stinker!

Anonymous said...

I just wish you were my neighbor! It all looks delicious! What a fun tradition :)

Linds said...

If you need my address to send me some that would be great!! ha ha You are so crafty and always up to something fun. How is the pregancy going?? Not too much longer! I will be up in Salt Lake this weekend. If you want to catch up or go to lunch let me know or give me a call. I won't have Morghan It's just a girls trip to shop. My number is 435-590-5192

Dan and Michelle said...

It was so fun to wake up with goodies on our doorstep this morning. I ate some for breakfast! Thanks for the fabulous treats.

Ainges said...

The Christmas lights and the candy making look like so much fun! I am not kidding I had to throw away the last three pieces of chocolate so that I didn't eat the WHOLE box by myself!! I can't believe how good everything was especially the peanut butter chocolates! Maybe I shouldn't ask for the recipe! And I am totally copying you this weekend and making Tanner take us to the Christmas lights, Trax and all! Thanks again for babysitting Oscar, you have no idea how grateful I am! Call me if you want to do lunch this week!

Debbie Thomas said...

Wow you guys are so ambitious!!! You always are doing the funnest things. Rease is adorable!! Hope you guys are well, things are good for us, John is still traveling a bunch and we miss him, but grateful he is working hard. Hope to see you soon

Deb

Ashley and Mikkel said...

Well it looks like it was a lot of work!! Thank you! thank you!! Thank you!! we were so giddy when we found our little surprise goodie bag! they were delicious!

Jason and Rachel said...

Looks delicious Natalie! Maybe you should send me some of those recipes! I really think you should!

Mindy said...

Wow!! Everything looks so good Nat!! What a fun tradition!! Miss you guys!!! xoxo, Mindy