We started the day off with another 5 inches of overnight snow. We feel like we’ve been given a gift from the snow gods and had the best snow of the whole year in just these few days we’ve been at the cabin. It’s so soft and amazing to ski in and we can’t get enough of it!
Today was just the 8 of us together and we started off with Great Western and taking True Grit down. Great Western was closed yesterday due to wind so the past 48 hours has provided for lots of new powder up there. We took advantage of it and had a great first run! Beck has been right by my side all week, helping me out and challenging me to do harder things than I’m used to. When we talked about taking True Grit he turned to me and said “you can do it mom.” Desh was a little less certain, “you know that’s a double black right mom?” It was my first double black run but with all the new snow I just took it slow and wasn’t too scared to fall because I new it would be a soft landing :) It ended up being awesome and so fun to see all the kids charge down the mountain like it’s no big deal. They’re all so amazing to watch and ski with!
After a couple runs on Great Western we headed back to Powder Hollow and Wren Hollow pro to test out the powder there. I’m telling you, every where we went it felt like it had been untouched for days. We had such a fun morning finding all the powder runs and taking advantage of the great conditions. It snowed pretty continually all morning and I think we’re in for even more snow for the next few days. Wohoo!
Last night one of the snow cats broke down just below Crest. It was stuck there all day and a detour was made around it while they tried to get it fixed. It was so crazy to see it just sitting there all day!
After dinner tonight the snow really picked up and we headed back out for the rest of the night. I LOVE skiing when there’s so much new snow falling. It’s like a new run every time and we didn’t want to stop! We charged on until the very end and at 8:46 we got on Crest for one last run. When we got to the top the kids all thought we might be able to make it back down before 9:00 and squeeze in another one before it closed. I’m pretty sure I’ve never skied so fast in my life and my legs were on fire by the time we got down. But sure enough, we made it at 8:58 and got on the chair for the last run of the night. And guess what? We got on chair #1! It’s like it was meant to be the last and best run of the day!
Love this family of mine that loves to be together as much as I do!

No comments:
Post a Comment