Monday, January 17, 2022

Ski week day 4

Day 4 came bright and early and we were ready to ski this morning! We started off with a run through My-oh-my then to Candyland where the kids wasted no time getting into their jumps. They are awesome and fearless!  I got to sit in the coveted chair #1 today and got proof of it. I think that’s a first for the week!

We took a bunch of runs down snake creek, through the trees (always) and down the slide. Sometimes through the ditch and other times over to Candyland again but always fast and furious and being all sorts of crazy! Keen skied so hard he got a bloody nose so we took a small break at the cabin until that was under control. Then back to it we went!

Before lunch we rode over to Great Western and we always love the view from there. It is absolutely incredible! Keen took me on a ride through Thor and Thunderhead while the others took another route. He was so sweet to stick with me and show the the way that was easiest for me to get down.  

After a few rides on Great Western with ultra short lines, we finally took a lunch break at the cabin. I love that we have a place to take a rest. And by rest I mean a nap :) I may or may not have fallen asleep for an hour or so before we headed back out. It was just what the doctor ordered. 
Back out to crest, powder hollow, pee-wee (or as Desh calls it, Kee-wee), and always down through majestic terrain park whenever possible. We spent the afternoon wearing ourselves out on runs! 
One particular run we went through Candyland and Rhen and Liev had this incredible sequence of a jump that both of them cleared one right after the other and I happened to catch it on video! They were amazing and jumped this like it was no big deal. Although Rhen did hurt her feet a little as she landed but it looked good from my end!
The evening was gorgeous as the sun was going down and I couldn’t help but feel so much grateful for this week that we get to spend in the beautiful outdoors. My kids inspire me and I look up to each of them for what they do. They aren’t afraid to do hard and new things and love spending time together. This is a week that we all love and look forward to and I love that we all love it equally. One of my favorite things is to loom down the mountain and see all my kids skiing one right after another. It’s a heartwarming moment for this mom and I’ve been able to witness it many times this week! 



No comments: