We had such a special day today as Keen Gregory was baptized! He is the sweetest boy and has been looking forward to his baptism for months. He knows what an important decision it is to be baptized and has been very thoughtful about it. We're so proud of him and know he's going to continue to be a strong force for good.
This baptism was especially meaningful for me and I was touched by the spirit throughout the meeting. We have had quite an interesting year with the pandemic and are still in the middle of trying to navigate how to do things best. Because of it, we were limited to 18 people at the church, so it was quite clear that we would have to limit even family members from joining us. Aside from the 8 of us, Keen had just a few that he could invite. He knew right away that he wanted Ranger and Canyon there with him along with both sets of grandparents. He also invited our neighbors Darrel and Angela (who are new to Utah and very new in their knowledge of the church.) And that was that. We had a small, sweet group and I kept thinking "This is just who should be here." We were able to gather and focus on Keen and the important day it was for him. And to listen to the words that had been prepared and the ordinance itself. It was pretty special and powerful and I know the spirit touched each of those that were in the room.
As we sat and wrote down some words for Keen afterward I knew that this would be a moment that I would remember forever. I'm so grateful that we had the chance to be together as a small group who love each other and who love the Lord. Keen is destined for greatness and I could feel that today!

No comments:
Post a Comment