We held our annual Amazing Race this week - though we took some extra precautions this year due to COVID. Since we're supposed to be social distancing still, we put teams together as couples instead of splitting everyone up individually. We also gathered outside to eat and mingle before and after the race so we weren't in a confined space all together. We did our best and in the end, I think it turned out amazing! I think everyone loved being with their spouse which they typically are always separated from each other on different teams. But I got lots of comments about how fun it was to be with their husband or wife so that was a plus! We also got to include Chad and Britt in the race since they are here for a while and it was awesome to have them with us. We teamed them up with the Chalks and I think they had a great time as a team.
Hayley and I love putting these on for our neighborhoods and this year was fun because we had the clues all along Redwood Road. So teams were passing each other and running into other teams all night as they looked for clues. It turned out great. And in the end, it came down to the orange team and the yellow team racing back to the house at the same time trying to be first. We though yellow had it, but orange ended up pulling into the driveway first and took the trophy (which was a super soaker this year). Yellow got here just 30 seconds later than orange for 2nd place. And the White team claimed the 3rd spot.
We LOVE this time we get to gather as friends and neighbors and especially appreciated being together this year since we haven't been able to get together often. Thanks to everyone for making it a great success!
No comments:
Post a Comment