Our Beck turned 5 today! He's so excited about being 5 because he knows that means he is starting kindergarten in the fall. He can't wait to be at the big school with the other kids! Beck's birthday is usually crowded out by lots of other summer events, but we had to make a day special to celebrate. All he asked for as a cake was a skull or skeleton cake, so...wow. This is what we came up with! Cute and crazy just like our little man.
I love Beck for so many reasons, but here are my favorites about him at this darling age 5:
1) Beck has become my buddy. With just him and Desh at home during the day and the others at school, he is my biggest helper. He plays with Desh, helps me make lunch and just loves being with me as much as I love being with him. I have loved having this small time to be with him and am so going to miss it next year when he goes to school!
2) Beck is smart and hilarious! Even though he is a little on the shy side, he is quick as a whip and seems to always have a good comeback for whatever his brothers tease him about. He can out whit any of them any day of the week and it secretly drives Liev and Keen crazy! And he has the brains to back it up too. He learned so much in preschool this year and started coming home with reading books by the end of the year. I know he is going to kick kindergarten's trash! Keep it up Beck.
3) Beck has this crazy voice that he uses only when he's around people he's really comfortable with. So fortunately (and sometimes unfortunately), we get to hear his crazy voice really often around our house! The kids all think it is the funniest thing and he can get Desh rolling on the ground with it. Once in a while I get fed up with hearing the voice and I have to ask him to leave the room with it, but for the most part it is one of my favorite things he does right now!
5 year old stats from Dr. Erickson:
Height: 3'9" - 97%
Weight: 48 lbs - 89%
We love this Beck of ours and the 5 year old stage that he's in! I wish we could bottle him up and keep him forever just the way he is!
No comments:
Post a Comment