Saturday, June 3, 2017

Amazing Race 2017

 We love putting on the Amazing Race for our neighborhood!  This year Hayley and I decided that we would each do one for our neighborhoods but use the same clues for both of them.  So we worked together coming up with the clues and I helped her with her neighborhood and she came and helped me with ours!  It worked out awesome and we had tons of fun.  We decided this year that we wanted to be able to track the teams while they were out racing around.  So I had one person from each team join "Find My Friends" for the night so that I could track them.  Then I made their picture the color of their team so it made it awesome to track everyone and see how far ahead or behind each team was.  It was the best trick!  We also decided we wanted to watch all the teams at one of the stops, so after all the teams left the house we went over to the Old Farm Park stop and watched each team come and go.  It was so fun to see it all in action!  This is one of our favorite neighborhood things and everyone seems like they have a blast!







This was the sheet that Hayley and I used to track all the teams.  When we knew they were at a certain spot according to Find My Friends, we would mark it so we could keep track of where everyone was at and how close a team was to being done.  We also marked who made their free phone call and if anyone used extra calls and got a 5 minute penalty.  It turned out that the team that got home first had a 10 minute penalty and ended up taking 3rd place instead!  It was a crazy ending but so awesome too!  The yellow team took home the grand prize tonight!
This is our fun crazy group!  Until next year...

No comments: