Canning season has come and gone already and I got a few things bottled this year. I have quite a bit still in my storage so I didn't have to do everything this year, but I did get the few main things bottled. We used our last jar of pickles just as the cucumbers were ready for pickling. I got two bushels of cucumbers from a small farmers market and they were the best! Perfect size for pickles. I bottled about 35 jars and I'm sure we'll go through them this year.
We went and picked plums as a family one night and the kids had a blast. I was going to make plum jam but we ended up eating a ton of them and I gave some away and didn't end up making it. But we still had fun picking together!
And Beck kept Desh company while we were busy getting our baskets full.
I ended up picking at TON of grapes this year and made so many beautiful looking bottles of grape juice. This is our favorite thing and we enjoy it all year long.
And of course I bottled some tomatoes. Beck was my tomato helper this year and loved being able to be in charge of something. His job was to pick out the good tomatoes and wash them. He took his job very seriously and was awesome!
So our storage room is full again!

No comments:
Post a Comment