Since Josh didn't get to run his half marathon earlier this year, I talked him into training for one more and running it with me. So we've been training for the Big Cottonwood half the past couple months. It has been really fun to train together even though we don't get to actually run together very often. Most of the time we run one right after the other just to make it easy switching off with the kids. But no matter what, we are both happy to be in shape enough to run a half marathon together!
This is the morning of the race at about 4:00 am. Don't we look rested and ready to run!
We got on the bus around 5 am and were at the starting line for about an hour before the race started. It was really really cold up the canyon and even though these little emergency blankets don't look like much, they were actually really helpful keeping us warm before the race started. We actually knew quite a few people that were running the same race and met up with them at the starting line. This is Josh's cousin Kristina. She was running with her husband and we ended up finishing right about the same time as they did.
And a bunch of our neighbors ran it too! We trained a little bit with Stephanie Flint and her sister Becky on the left. And Aubrey and Sim Aguirre on the right have run a bunch of races together so we are glad we could get a picture with everyone! It was really fun to see so many people we knew!
Josh and I made a pact that we would stay together the whole race. I'm sure there were plenty of times that he could have gone faster than I did, but he stayed true to his promise and we crossed the finish line together at 2:02.
The course down the canyon was beautiful and such a fun, downhill run. I was so happy with our time and with the fact that we got to do it together! This is a moment that I won't forget!

No comments:
Post a Comment