Well we all know that I have big babies. Dr. Twelves has been keeping track of Baby Desh for a couple months now because he has that kidney thing she wants the keep an eye on. Well, on top of that she is also now keeping track of how big he is. I had an ultrasound done again today and she said that he is measuring right about 38 weeks - 3 weeks ahead of what I am right now! She talked to me a lot about the chance that I may have to deliver him c-section. She said the problem with having a big baby is not usually that the head doesn't come out, it's the shoulders that are the problem. And she said at that point in the delivery if the shoulders get stuck then it's really a scary situation. So she wants to avoid that if possible. She wants to do another ultrasound in 2 weeks and remeasure him and talk more about the delivery then. I really really do not want to have a c-section! On my 6th and last baby that is the last thing I want to happen. Dang. She also told me that for the next 2 weeks until I see her again then I need to go on a diabetic diet - no sugar, desserts, soda, etc. What!!! That's about the worst thing to spring on a pregnant woman. Plus my birthday is coming up and I really really want to have some birthday cake! We'll have to see what I can do about that. Until then, I guess we just wait and see how big this baby gets before I deliver!
Here are a couple cute pics of Baby Desh I got today. You can totally see his chubby cheeks already!


No comments:
Post a Comment