Friday, February 5, 2016

Liev turns 5!

Liev turned 5!  Can you believe it?  He requested a superhero birthday this year so I got to work thinking about what I could do that would be fun and simple.  I found a couple ideas for cakes and this is what I ended up doing.  Liev was really excited about it so I guess that's all that matters!
 And there has to be cupcakes along with the cake of course!  Spiderman, Superman, Batman, Thor and Ironman were the superheroes of our part!

 The boys all had on their superhero shirts and capes too which was really fun!
 Liev was so excited that it was his birthday and that all the attention was on him.  Who doesn't love their own birthday?  Especially at that age!  We all sang Happy Birthday and paid a lot of attention to this special guy!
 We had a few presents and he was most excited that he got bike helmet so he can start riding his two wheel bike that he got for Christmas.  
And Rhen drew Liev a bunch of pictures for his gift - she is so sweet.

 This is our little family at this stage of life.  I'm hiding my belly behind Rhen but believe me it's there!  One more crazy boy to join this family soon!  
A few of my favorite things about Liev at this age:
1) Liev is about as boy as you can get.  He loves anything that has to do with dirt, cars, trucks, climbing, punching, hitting, jumping and just overall making a ruckus.  I wouldn't change it though - he makes our life super fun!
2) Liev is very sensitive to his mama.  He always has something nice to say to me whether its "Mom I like your hair today" or "Your dress is so nice".  He is so sweet and kind to me and I hope he never stops!
3) Preschool has been so good for Liev this year.  He has really learned to love it and it's so good for him to be with 11 other kids his age.  His class happens to be a class of all boys which is kind of crazy but really fun for him.  It's pretty high energy all the time which is perfect for him and his teacher is so kind and patient.  Liev is learning all his letters in sign language and it's so fun to see him learning and loving to learn.  
4) Liev reminds me so much of what Josh would have been like as a little kid.  Tall and skinny with basically no fat on his bones.  But also kind and sensitive just like I'm sure Josh was (because he still is.)  If Liev could grow up to be just like his dad, I would be one proud mama!
5) Liev is at the age where he says the funniest things - whatever comes to his mind.  We've been talking a lot about the new baby that is in my tummy and I always try and have the kids feel when he is kicking.  The other day after I told them the baby was kicking Liev said, "Does Baby Desh have shoes on in there?"  So cute!  I love this 5 year old of mine!

5 year old stats from Dr. Erickson:
Height: 45.08 inches - 89%
Weight : 42.77 lbs - 65%
BMI: 14.8 - 28%

No comments: