Josh always has such great idea. I didn't know he was so creative when I married him, but that side has definitely come out over the years! For my birthday this year he decided to make me a cork board. Not just any cork board though, one that is made of actual corks. He ordered a bag of 2300 corks and then got to work making the frame. It's huge and he made it to fit perfectly on the wall next to the laundry room by our bedroom.
He recruited the girls to help him. After he stained the corks and cut them all in half, their job was to help glue them on.
It was a big job and they worked on it for a bunch of nights after the other kids had gone to bed.
It was a surprise for my birthday but he ended up telling me about it early when he ran out of corks and had to wait for more to be shipped. A week later, he finished it. It looks amazing!
This is the final product. Doesn't it look great? It's a perfect fit for our house and I've been wanting a board to hang things up on. Now I have it thanks to Josh!
And the boys wanted to be in the picture too, so here is the photo bomb!
Thanks to my sweet hubby who always makes me feel special!
No comments:
Post a Comment