One night Josh was changing Keen's diaper and noticed he had a rash starting on his legs. I didn't think much of it and just thought his skin was irritated from his diaper. But then I looked and noticed he had it on the back of his legs and a few starting on his face. I decided to see how it looked in the morning and would call the Dr. if it was much worse.
This is what it looked like the next morning. It was much worse and looked like little blisters all over.
By the time I got in to the Dr. that afternoon it was continuing to get worse and spread. Dr. Erikson said it's Impetigo and was pretty contagious. He put Keen on amoxicillin to get rid of it but told me to keep him away from the other kids as much as possible so they didn't get it.
Poor kid looked like he had chicken pox on his face. Anyway, turns out the antibiotics took the impetigo away but gave him another rash all over his body. So we went back to see Dr. Erikson 2 days later and it turns out the new rash was an allergy rash from the amoxicillin. So he put Keen on cephalexin to take care of that rash. Poor Keen has an allergy to penicillin which is not a big deal, just a pain to have to worry about his whole life. In the end though both rashes are gone and Keen is a happy boy once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment