Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy heart day to all of you! Normally we don't do much for Valentines Day, but this year I decided the kids needed a little treat for Valentines morning. I got up and made breakfast and set the table all love-like for when they woke up. Rease thought the heart straws were the coolest and Rhen could not get over the mik that was pink. (I told them that it was called "pink surprise" but when Rhen tasted it she said, "it tastes kinda like milk mommy." Nevertheless, she called it Pink Surprise the rest of the day.)

I also made these Orange Cranberry scones that were pretty good but mostly just cute. We had a fun breakfast together before Josh headed to work and we started our daily routine.
Josh is very sweet and got each of his girls a rose. My girls are obsessed with flowers, so to have one of their own was like a dream come true for them!


I have so many special people that are my "valentines" today.

First and foremost - my amazing husband. Josh is such a great person and I feel very lucky to have this man in my life. He works hard for our family, loves our kids to pieces and is very patient and loving with me. There are many days that I realize I am who I am because of Josh. Today, all he wanted to do was spend Valentines Day with the whole family. So we took the kids to eat burgers and fries and then headed to the bookstore for the kids to each pick out a new book for themselves. (We came home with "Puss in Boots" and a princess search and find book.) We have a great dad and husband in our house and I especially am very grateful to have him as my valentine today.

My valentine Rease.

Rease is the most kind-hearted little thing. She had a Valentines Day party at preschool yesterday and was so excited to make valentines for each of the kids at school. But even on days that aren't holidays, she is thinking of others. She goes to school at least once or twice a week with a picture that she drew for someone or a treat she saved for her teacher. At home she is just the same and is constantly giving something to each one of us to let us know how much she loves us. We feel the same about her. Rease you are my loving valentine today!


My valentine Rhen.

Rhen is just a sweet/mischievous little girl. There are so many things I can say about this girl, but most of all I just love her to death. Rhen is witty, crazy and sweet all at the same time. She is always trying to make people laugh, making up new words, burping or tooting, or handing out hugs and kisses to anyone she meets. She loves her quiet time though and while Rease is constantly on the go, Rhen is happy to snuggle up and watch a movie or read a book. She is one of a kind and is my darling valentine today!

My valentine Liev.

Liev is my sweet boy and growing up so big! He just turned one and I can't hardly believe its been a year since he came to our home! He is such a calming influence around here and that is a nice change to the drama that the girls bring. Most of the time he doesn't make noise, doesn't cry and doesn't cause a fuss about anything. He will sit and play with toys (or quietly get into things) for hours at a time. Last week he was sick and though I hate to see him sick, he was my snuggle buddy the whole week and I could not get enough of him. He is the most calm baby I have had and has made having 3 kids very easy on us. Liev is my sweet valentine today!
One more teeny, tiny valentine to tell you about. Yes, baby #4 is my valentine today too. At just 12 weeks I am already in love with this little bundle. I saw Dr. Smith this morning and he said that everything looks great with a great heartbeat of 150 bpm. Does that mean a boy or a girl for us? We don't know that yet, but we do know that we are excited to have another one join our family. This baby is my tiny Valentine today!

Happy Valentines Day to you all and I hope your day was as filled with love as ours!

5 comments:

Danica said...

Congrats Nat!! I'm so excited for you!! XOXO

mer and mel said...

Eeek! I'm so excited for you! I hope you've been feeling okay so far! What wonderful news!

Losee's said...

Yay! Congrats on baby #4!

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

I KNEW it! :) You've been MIA too much...you had to be cooking something! :) Congrats chicky!

Andrea and Justin said...

My mom told me she talked to you and I was so excited to hear the news! Congrats and hope you are feeling good!