Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Live Nativity

Last night Caleb, Hayley and I took the kids to the Live Nativity in Alpine. It was a very cold night but we had a great time and the kids loved seeing the story of Baby Jesus in real life.

I have to admit, I wasn't really prepared for the cold. Luckily Caleb grabbed hats for the kids at the last second so they could stay warm. And yes, Liev has a pink and brown hat on - it didn't seem to bother him! Hayley and I left straight from work and I still had my scrubs on. I found out they are not the warmest set of clothes that I have. By the end of the night I was pretty much frozen.

We rode in a horse trailer to get up to the nativity. The kids thought that was very fun.
Baby Liev was the warmest one of the bunch. He was wrapped in this blanket and held the whole time. Best seat in the house buddy!

There were real camels and they were very cool to see. We also saw sheep, donkeys, swans and goats. Roman soldiers were keeping the peace.



But what we really wanted to see was Baby Jesus. He was in this stable with the big star pointing the way.

Overall it was a great night and a fun experience for the kids. Next year - dress warmer!

2 comments:

Ainges said...

You have been such a good poster at this crazy time of year! I loved catching up on you and the. Kiddos! I miss you guys so much. You have such a fun eventful life. From black Friday to your candy factory you set up to 3 kids with the flu, I just love it all. I wish we lived closer. Actually I wish we were next door neighbors! Big hugs!

marisalea said...

Ok, I loved the story about Rhen and the marble. My mom has told me that I went through a put everything in my nose phase. Emerson puts everything in his mouth and that's bad enough!