Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Haircuts

I've been really hoping that my girls would decide to get their hair cut for a long time now. It is so hard to take care of with it being so long and straggly and both of them are constantly fighting me when it's time to brush hair in the mornings. But I wanted them to make the decision about their own hair and though I wanted to take the scissors to it while they were sleeping many times, I held on until they both decided they wanted to cut their hair. So just before Christmas they both came to me and said, "we want to get our haircut mommy!" Gladly. Here are our before and afters:

Rhen in all her cuteness. Her hair is thinner than Rease's so wasn't quite as hard to keep up with. The problem with Rhen is that she gets food, syrup, yogurt, suckers or whatever else is around in her hair. So there is always a sticky, yucky mess to comb out. I was happy to get that all under control with a nice haircut.

Plus it was time to even it all up and get it to one length.Rhen chose the stylish pink car to sit in while getting her hair done.

Aww - the wonderful after "do"


Super cute hair girlfriend!

Rease was very excited about getting her hair cut. She obviously had much more to lose than Rhen, but she was ready for it.
Look at that crazy long hair!

When we got to the shop we asked about donating Rease's hair and if she had enough to do it. Turns out you need 10 inches or more and Rease had plenty to spare even after they took the ten inches.

10 inches was just above those cute little braids.
Holding up her hair that she was about to donate. She was very proud that some special girl would get her hair and be able to use it. She thought that was pretty cool.


After. What a change!

With her hair cut I think she looks much older. It is a darling haircut for her!

It was a day of change at our house but it's a nice change! You two girls look so cute with your new haircuts!

No comments: