We spent the weekend in St. George with our friends the Wagners. Kilee's parents have a house there and they were nice enough to let us stay and play for the weekend. Yes, it was hot, but we found plenty of things to do to keep cool.
We headed to the pool for a few hours to escape the heat. Rease loved playing with Beckem.
We spent time inside the nicely air-conditioned house and watched movies and cartoons. I love this picture of all the kids lined up.One crazy thing that happened at the splash park. Josh was approached by a police officer who said he wanted to talk to him for a minute. I saw Josh talking to the cop and pointing and me and the girls. After a couple of minutes the cop left and I asked Josh what that was all about. He said that the cop had gotten a call that Josh was taking pictures of a girl in just her underwear and wanted to make sure that he was her dad. So Josh said, yes that's Rease and my wife and other daughter Rhen over there as well. The cop said he just had to follow up on the phone call and make sure everything was okay. When I let Rease take her dress off to keep it dry, I didn't think anything of it - just that kids are kids. Little did I know that some people were watching us suspiciously. I thought it was so odd that someone would call us in and even more strange to think that there really are people out there that do that kind of thing. The police officer was very nice and said, "I have kids of my own and I know how it is." Anyway, crazy.
On the way home saw these awesome rainbows that we had to get a picture of. Beautiful!
On the way home saw these awesome rainbows that we had to get a picture of. Beautiful!
2 comments:
Isn't that splashpad AWSOME! We try to take the boys there at least once a week, sometimes twice! It is so nice for me because I can just sit on my pregnant bum and watch them. The boys especially love the little lazy river :) That's so dumb that somebody called the plice but I'm glad the cop was nice about it- We should go out to lunch next time you guys come down!
We went to that same water park just a few weeks ago! So much fun. Your girls are so dang cute. I love catching up with what you family is doing!
Post a Comment