Papa asked Rease to say the prayer this morning. Normally when she is asked she says, "No daddy can do it." We have been trying to have her say them by herself but she always likes someone to whisper in her ear and help her. Today when papa asked her she went through the same routine so I started whispering in her ear.
This is how the prayer went.
Mommy (whispering): Heavenly Father.
Rease: Heavenly Father.
Mommy (whispering): We're thankful for this day.
Rease: Day. (She only says the last one or two words of the line.)
Mommy (whispering): We're thankful for this food.
Rease: Mommy I can do it myself.
Mommy: Okay go ahead.
Rease: Heavenly Father. Thankful for today. Thankful for food. Mommy what's next?
Mommy (whispering): Thankful that we can work today.
Rease: No I can do it myself!
Mommy: Okay
Mommy: Okay
Rease: Heavenly Father. Thankful for today. Thankful for food. Heavenly Father. Thankful for food. Thankful for day.... (long pause)
Mommy: Thankful that we ca...
Rease: Mommy I can do it myself!
Mommy: Okay
Rease: Heavenly Father. Thankful for today. Thankful for food. Heavenly Father. Amen.
Perfect prayer Rease!
No comments:
Post a Comment