Friday, January 16, 2009

The pee-pee adventure

Well we've started the potty-training journey in our house. I admit I wasn't excpecting to do it this early, but for the past month or so Rease has started telling me before she has to go to the bathroom. She'd come get me and say "poopie" and I'd check her and her diaper was clean...then sure enough 5 minutes later she comes back and says "poopie" and it's the real thing. So this week I decided to get her a toilet just so we could start having her sit on it and try it out when she tells me she needs to go. Well, of course she loves sitting on it and thinks it's a fun new toy to carry around. But as far as actually going to the bathroom, we've had no luck...until today. She was in the bath and said "poopie" (I think she thinks that pee and poo are the same word, so she only says "poopie" even if it's just pee sometimes.) So after the bath I took her straight to the toilet and she sat down and went pee! I was so proud! She got lots of praise and a treat to go with it, so hopefully she keeps this up and gets the hang of it real quick! She's making this potty-training easy for me!

Sorry if the pictures gross you out - but I had to document this exciting event!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

What a BIG GIRL!! How exciting for you! I hope she is fully trained before the new baby comes so you only have one in diapers! That would be amazing!!

Josh said...

That's my Girl!!! Woohoo!!!

You take after your mother... peeing all the time like that!

Holly said...

How exciting! Good luck...

mer and mel said...

You've been taged! (but only if you want to!)
6 Random things...

RULES
1. Link this post to the person who tagged you: Liz T.
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. List 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up

PS- that is awsome- I've been potty training Braden too!

BJandGayle said...

Seriously you guys, Rease is the best kid ever. I'm so glad she is making potty training easy. You hear nightmare stories from some parents and as for the pictures grossing us out...Maybe a month ago, but now we understand how important your kid's bodily functions are. I never thought I would examine a poopie diaper like I do each time Brooklyn needs to be changed. Parenthood...what an adventure.

Brittney said...

You are so lucky it's going so well. I've been wondering when to start Nolan and even looked up some stuff about it. I thought I would have to wait forever but Rease gives me hope! Hopefully before baby #2 comes, we can start. Way to go Rease-that is so awesome. And by the way, where did you get that cute potty?