Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rhen update

Good news from Dr. Smith today! First of all, everything is going great. Heartbeat is 145 and strong, I am measuring right at 32 1/2 weeks and Dr. Smith said Rhen looks completely normal and healthy! He also thinks that I have a great chance of delivering early because I was 2 weeks early with Rease and said it's about a 50-75% chance that I'll deliver early with this one too. I told him that my brother is getting married on March 13th (the day before my due date of March 14th) and he said that if I haven't delivered on my own before that he would start me on - the best news of all - March 9th! Wahoo!! That way, I will have the baby and be out of the hospital for sure before the wedding! Oh man, best news ever! No more worrying about my water breaking at the wedding (it's been a fear of mine since the graduation incident last time), no more worrying that I will be fat and ugly for all the millions of pictures that will be taken and best of all, everyone that is in town for the wedding will get to see our sweet Rhen in her first week here! Mostly I'm grateful to have a great pregnancy and healthy baby on the way. Good news all around today!

11 comments:

Andrea and Justin said...

I love the name Rhen. So cute and I am glad that everything is healthy. Nice job on the potty training. Savanna sits on the potty and pushes but hasen't done anything yet. We miss you guys!

Ainges said...

Wow!!! I am so happy for you and for healthy baby Rhen! I can't believe Rease went pee on the toilet!!! I think Oscar has another year before that happens! OH and I love all the Christmas pictures of Rease looking like such a big girl. The apron is adorable and I love her curly hair! I know you are busy but if you ever want to do lunch let us know! Oh and I would love to watch Rease if you ever need me when you are working...seriously she is so easy!

Stephanie said...

Congrats Nat. Delivering early is a great dream come true! Rease is a such a cute little girl!

mer and mel said...

I can't believe that Justin is getting married! That is super exciting! Tell him congrats for me :) And I am so glad that the pregnancy is going well- That's always good to hear. I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet little Rhen- She will be darling, of course!

BJandGayle said...

That is such awesome news. I love when your dr. will do what you want them to do. Best of all Rhen is healthy and well. That is always good to hear so your mind can be put at ease. Can't wait to see her and Rease together. The will be the cutest girls around. Thanks soooo much for filling in for me Nat. Hope you are feeling okay. I know those last couple months are not fun. Let me know if you need anything.

Linds said...

Hey Nat,
Glad everything is going well. I love the name you picked for her. I know what you mean about being fat and ugly that ninth month, I looked horrible. I hope the pregnancy is going well.

Anonymous said...

Hey I am so happy for you and glad to hear all is well! Good luck with these last few weeks! :)

Brittney said...

Could it get better? Someone or everyone in your family must be living right! (That's what we always say when we get a good parking spot or we hit all green lights or when things are just going great!)

Jason and Rachel said...

Yeah for you!! That's so exciting when you know you don't have to endure that last miserable week...but you haven't really experienced that yet you lucky girl! congrats and we'll be waiting to hear the news!

brookiebaby said...

Yay that Rhen is healthy! I'm so glad! and good news about going early! (just not too early! :) Sorry that we keep playing phone tag! I'll try and call you again this week, if not, I'll tag you! :) LUVS!

brookiebaby said...

Yay that Rhen is healthy! I'm so glad! and good news about going early! (just not too early! :) Sorry that we keep playing phone tag! I'll try and call you again this week, if not, I'll tag you! :) LUVS!