Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My new hobby

So I've picked up a new hobby since I got my wheat grinder for Christmas - making bread. My mother-in-law is a great cook and she has some great bread recipes. She helped Josh find me a wheat grinder for Christmas and I have made a bunch of bread since then. It's easy and fun and makes me feel like a good wife to have Josh come home to fresh-baked bread. Plus, no more buying bread!
Voila! There's the finished product, ready to come out of the oven!

8 comments:

joana said...

you have such a cute little family, and i'm so jealous of your bread making skills! that little rease is adorable:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chelsea said...

post your great bread recipe! I'd love to know!!

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Leslie said...

YOu are amazing!! I have a wheat grinder too but I dont dare to try and make bread! Can you teach me!!

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

Could u be any more of a domestic goddess? ur making ur twin look bad...lol! Do you use wheat gluten? My cousin has a great really healthy bread recipe, i'll have to send it over and see if it's different than yours or if it looks good to u! :) And what's this about delivering beg of March?...I want to go early too...and I feel ready, I can't move anymore and I definately can't tie my shoes! :)If you guys need anything at the office let me know...Luke's work went under so I am picking up extra hrs any where I can...ttys...let's plan a fun V-day party the weekend before or after! :)

Jason and Rachel said...

You'll have to send me some recipes...if they aren't afamily secret or anything. I would love some great uses for all that wheat!

Hawk Family said...

Nice work, there is nothing better than fresh out of the oven bread, you will have to share your recipe. I have one I have been using for a while but I like mixing it up a little.

Brittney said...

No way! I've made bread so many times and mine never looks that good! Yours has the perfect shape and golden brown that I always want. You should definitely post the recipe. Homemade bread fresh from the oven has to be one of the best smells to walk into. I love it! Plus, it tastes so good. Way to go, Nat!