Thursday, June 6, 2024

Rease's 17th birthday

Rease's birthday always falls smack in the middle of a trip to Puerto Rico.  I think she's celebrated the past 4 birthdays there!  What a girl - she's so great and flexible and doesn't mind a birthday on the fly! I promised her an actual cake when we get back so more from that day to come...
We celebrated with Carlos and Laura and Rease's famous Oreo cream cookies.  They're literally the best thing on the planet and she makes them the best.  We're so lucky we got to celebrate this day with some of our very favorite people!

17 year old stats from Dr. Erickson:
Height: 5'8" - 93%
Weight: 194 lbs - 97%

My favorite things about Rease at at 17:
1 - Rease is about the best oldest child you could ever ask for.  She kind, mild-mannered, helpful and sweet.  But she is also passionate about things and people she loves and stands up for what she believes in.  That combo is just what I would wish on any child and she happens to have it all!  I know we just have one more year with her :( but we'll take every bit of her while we have her!
2 - Rease is a really great student.  She has worked hard to keep her grades up but more importantly, to continue to love to learn.  She loves listening to podcasts and figuring out what's going on in the world.  And forms her own opinions and thoughts about what she wants in the world and how to make that happen.  Love seeing her brain work!
3 - Rease is my go-to sports fanatic to go along with any sort of sporting event that I want to attend or watch.  She loves the Warriors, is loyal to the Cougars and is always a Sentinel in her heart.  I love that she will be by my side for whatever adventure we're up for!

Happiest birthday to you my oldest child!

 

No comments: